Luminor is the name of the luminescent substance which replaced the radium-based material (radioactive alkaline earth metal) in 1949 which was used up to then in the Panerai watches and inspired the watchmaker to create a new collection of the same name.
The cushion-shaped Luminor 1950 case and its crown guard began to appear on people’s wrists, mainly Italian soldiers, from 1950. It returned in 2014 in a special version for left-handed people or those who like to wear their watch on the right-hand side. Fitted with a manual P.3000 calibre inside the 47mm steel case, the Luminor’s hour and minute functions lie in the centre of the black dial. Its dial is faithful to Panerai’s design and functional values with large Arabic numerals (3, 6, 9 and 12) intercalated with long indices which all glow in the dark with the Super LumiNova sandwiched between the dial and metal plaque. Price 9,300 CHF